Tuesday, December 20, 2016

hear/how the bells





the vienna boys choir has been singing this in my head 
for the past week.  and then as i was writing this post,
i happen to see the lyrics and 
realized i've been singing it completely wrong my entire life!
(and now have the artwork to prove it!)
i guess the correct version is "hark how the bells...."
looks like i've been "hearing" it differently all along....hahaha!

ding-dong-ding-dong.....  :))


{supplies:  canson moulin du roy w/c paper,
daniel smith watercolor, .3 and .5 mechanical pencils}




7 comments:

Createology said...

I never get words to songs correct but they still work and sound wonderful...in my head. Your art is precious. Keep singing and drawing dear...

SpindleandDistaffCreations said...

Sing like nobody's listening, dance like nobody's watching 🤓

SpindleandDistaffCreations said...

As long as you hear the music and see the beauty, that's all that matters!

Janet D. said...

Oh my goodness, well you aren't alone I've had the words wrong too! Have a wonderful Christmas!

Bevie Sams said...

Hi Lori, it's been a very long time since I last visited you...just wanted to wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas!!! Blessings..

lissa said...

I just read a post about a place where people to and ring a bell to make wishes upon & yes, I believe singing/hearing the wrong lyrics is like a habit that one cannot avoid.

lovely art here.

have a lovely day.

K Andrews said...

Lori, Wishing you very Happy Holidays and a Blessed and Bright New Year. I hope they are filled with love, laughter and wonderful memories to treasure.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...